Your Top 12 Favorite Posts of 2013by Jenny Scala on December 30, 2013 at 3:24 pm
Most end-of-the year countdowns take a look back at the top 10. Well, you are in for a real treat because here we’re listing the 12 most popular Flower Factor posts of 2013. Enjoy!
1. VaseOff! Challenge: Surprise Flowers, Just Because: We asked four contestants to design and deliver a custom arrangement to highlight the one-of-a-kind taste and style of a popular blogger in their area based on their blogs and Pinterest pages. Boy, were you intrigued by florists matching flowers to personalities, making this post our most visited in 2013. Flower enthusiasts, bloggers, and florists voted here for the design best matching its recipient. “Lemonesque” won.
2. 5 Tips for a Successful Thanksgiving: Hosting Thanksgiving can be stressful, and we shared easy strategies for joyous holiday entertaining.
3. VaseOff! Challenge: Mother’s Day Flowers: This post resulted in us bringing a moment of happiness through flowers to hundreds of sick children and their families at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Philadelphia and Shriners Hospitals for Children – Tampa. The flowers were a thank-you gift for helping us rally votes for the Mother’s Day VaseOff! Challenge, when we asked florist contestants to create arrangements designed to celebrate and pamper the busy on-the-go mom. The winning arrangement was “Mother Nature.”
4. Homecoming Mums: A Big Trendy Texas Tradition: We described how in Texas, homecoming flowers are bigger and a whole lot of fun.
5. An Amazing Wedding Reception: Florists decorate all types of weddings, and here is a tour of one reception that takes the cake.
6. Top Five Wedding Trends for 2013: Check out the top requests by brides for their big day.
7. OMG! Top 5 Prom Trends: Florists can match flowers to today’s hottest prom trends.
8. Flowers Commemorate the First Day of School: Flowers can help ease first day jitters and send your student off with a smile. We provided a guide to floral gifts appropriate for your kindergartener up to college-bound student.
9. Keep ‘Em Blooming with a Little TLC: If you have a stack of those little packets that come with your flowers at home, shame on you!
10. Houseplants: Our Favorite Air Filters: Houseplants not only beautify your surroundings, but they are good for you, according to NASA research. We summarized the research and offered a list of 10 easy-to-care-for houseplants.
11. Women’s Day is March 8: International Women’s Day is observed on March 8 every year, and we took a glimpse into the global celebration.
12. Centerpieces Enrich Family Gatherings: When choosing your centerpiece for your family celebrations, think about the natural colors, textures and forms in season that inspire you.
From all of us here at the Flower Factor, thank you for reading. We hope we are inspiring you to make flowers more part of your daily life and to open up to your local florist for your floral and gifting needs.
What was your favorite post, and what topics would you like to see more of in 2014?