What to get for Mom? The challenge arrives each year. It really is no surprise that Mother’s Day is coming but still, the question arises, “What to get for Mom”? The days tick by and the question gets louder … what, What, WHAT, W.H.A.T? Finding the perfect gift for mom can be a difficult task.
There’s one gift that always delivers and makes mom smile — FLOWERS! A Rutgers University behavioral study shows flowers have an immediate impact on happiness and increase life satisfaction and enjoyment. I can’t think of a better gift than giving mom happiness for Mother’s Day.
But there are so many types of flowers, what to send? Let’s consider all the requirements. It has to be special. It has to be perfect. It has to reflect “MOM” and, it has to fit the budget. (Oh yes, that pesky detail.) Mother’s Day gift giving does not have to be hard. In fact, it should be a lot of fun. Let’s start with an easy survey to help choose the perfect floral gift:
• Does your mom prefer high heels, sneakers or hiking boots?
• When planning a meal, which does your mom choose first, the main course or dessert?
• If your mom scheduled a dream vacation, would it be a bicycle tour of Paris, a luxury cruise in the Caribbean or a New York City weekend?
• When is your mom’s birthday? If you have to ask someone, you better spend more time talking to your mom. (This isn’t a gift choice question; just a reminder to call your mom.)
• What is your mom’s favorite color? Don’t know? Take a look in her closet; the prevalent color could be her favorite. Still don’t know? A safe bet is the Pantone Color of the Year, Radiant Orchid. Read More