How to Order the Perfect Holiday Centerpieceby Ardith Beveridge on December 19, 2013 at 9:34 am
There are times when you call your local florist and trust them to create a designer’s choice for a birthday or congratulations present. Then there are times when you have specific colors or styles in mind and ask your florist for a custom design.
When it comes to holiday decorations, chances are, you can picture the perfect floral centerpiece for your Christmas table. Florists are experts in many areas but they can’t read your mind. So if you have specific flowers or color preferences, be sure to communicate them to your florist. If you see a picture of a centerpiece online or in a magazine that you like, show it to your florist.
Following are some questions to consider when ordering a centerpiece. This list is in no particular order. For example, if you want the florist to design the centerpiece in your grandmother’s container, tell your florist about it first.
- What size and shape of table will you display your centerpiece?
- What colors are in the room?
- How will the design be used? Buffet table? Centerpiece for sit-down table? End table display?
- What room will the design be used? Kitchen, formal dining, or both?
- Will you want the centerpiece delivered or will you be picking it up?
These questions should help guide your conversation with your local florist when ordering your holiday centerpiece.
Tell me about the centerpiece on your holiday table.