Florists are Flower Care and Handling Expertsby Shelby Shy on September 22, 2011 at 3:07 pm
You can’t create fabulous fresh florals without fabulous fresh floral product. The best way to guarantee quality flowers is by adhering to care and handling best practices. Here are just a few of the many steps we follow in our shop to guarantee beautiful flowers for our customers:
- We clean our cooler every week. We have a set day to clean the cooler, mop the floor and wipe shelves with disinfectant.
- We clean our flower buckets thoroughly with a disinfectant.
- We use preservatives. Flower life practically doubles when using preservatives.
- We create the perfect living environment for the types of flowers we keep in your cooler. That’s why we keep our coolers set at 34-36 degrees.
When delivering flowers, we include care instructions for the recipient. To keep your floral gifts lasting as long as possible, here are a few simple tips we recommend you follow at home:
- Flowers are thirsty. The water in the vase is quickly absorbed, so add water daily.
- Completely change the water in the vase every few days, remembering to clean the vase thoroughly, replace he flowers’ water and re-cut the stems.
- Keep flowers away from windows, heating vents and large appliances.
- Misting flowers with a fine spray bottle adds humidity to the area surrounding the flowers and increases their comfort in homes and event settings.
More flower care and handling tips are posted on Aboutflowers.com.
What questions do you have about caring for flowers?