Baby Shower Gone Wildby Mandy Majerik on June 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm
There is nothing more exciting than the news that a baby is on its way into your family. I was so excited to begin planning a baby shower for my new nephew. From lemonade-filled baby bottles to moss-covered jungle animals – this floral designer went “wild.”
The theme began as a spin-off of the nursery theme – “jungle animals.” I decided to use large moss covered giraffes, monkeys and elephants. The moss monkeys hung from metal trees covered in luscious mixed greenery with floral accents and of course bananas. You’ve never seen a monkey without bananas have you?!
The giraffes and elephants had striped grosgrain ribbon bowties around their necks and were nestled among exotic floral arrangements of pincushion protea, circus roses, golden kangaroo paw and variegated foliage.
When it comes to planning a successful and entertaining baby shower, the beauty is in the details. One of the most talked about details of the day was the hydrangea square wreaths detailed with coordinating ribbons, gerberas and “Baby Boy” sign welcoming everyone to the party.
Other noted details …
- Guests drinking lemonade and flavored water from baby bottles.
- Words of Wisdom notes as a sign-in book alternative. Great for mom to place in her keepsake baby book. We hung them from the trees.
- Mom-to-be wore a corsage made of a small monkey holding two craspedia blooms. It is so fun to use accents to help carry the theme throughout the whole event.
- Animal crackers were given away as favors to all the guests.
- Orange ceramic cubes dotted with yellow gerberas on top were found throughout the event as decorations and doubled as small gifts for all the hostesses.
Whenever you are planning an event – baby shower, bridal tea or birthday party – be sure to involve your florist. Creative individuals can provide you with great ideas and see the overall picture to make sure floral and décor elements complement what you have planned. From developing the theme to delivering the thank-you arrangements, your florist can be a great asset to ensure a successful party.
I’d love to hear your great baby shower theme ideas or other party details. Please share your ideas by posting a comment.